ShroomcraftPvP

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Redified
Squire

PostSubject: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:51 pm

Hello! Sorry if this thread is a bit cluttered, it is my first time doing one of these suggestion threads and I will get better overtime. Before I get started on the main suggestion for this thread, let me just put some minor things out there.

First off I think that the underground spawns are a problem. You spawn in a dungeon area and to new players you have no where to go. This can get confusing, and as Shroomcraft is a 'fast-paced' PvP server I don't think this fits very well. The answer however is not to remove the underground spawns. The underground spawns is a good way to give the player a little nudge to go exploring, I can respect that and it is a very nice way to have them find new things. A change so you spawn right next to the exit (whether it be ladders, stairs, etc.) of the underground tunnels would make it so players can choose to explore if they wish, but if they are in a hurry to get some exp they can leave and go into the main battle area.

My next suggestion is one that I have told to Gerbil, but I would like to put it here so incase it wasn't fixed maybe it can be now. In the purple corner I believe, there is a spot in the map that has a chest. Do a little exploring and you will come to an office looking room, and there it is. Default players are able to open the chest and put items inside for anyone to find. This can lead to bad things. For example, let's say a high experienced kit 40 puts a diamond sword in that chest. He can kill himself, go into kit 1 and grab the sword. Now we have a kit 1 killing people with a diamond sword when he should only have a wooden one. The fix is simple and obvious, just change permissions around so players cannot open chests.

One more minor thing, I don't know if this is a server issue or a clientside issue but...
- Sometimes I get stuck in a block

Now for the main point of this thread; bows. I know it is only the beta test, but most players choose to use archer kits all the time instead of varying. Why? Bowspam. I know, this is a touchy subject but you have to hear me out. I am a melee player myself and I like to have a nice heavy duty axe class. As far as I know axes don't have shields come with them, at least not the early kits. In many situations I find myself trying to kill an archer, but they back up and they spam an arrow every half second at me so I cannot get near enough to hit them. It is not like this fast charged short ranged bowspam requires any skill, so I think that some balance changes are in order. I am not asking for a big nerf, what this fix would do is stop CONSTANT bowspamming. I have 2 ideas to fix this but one is confusing so I have another simpler one.

1. You can make a 1 second cool down on fast charged bow-shots. This would mean players can shoot a fast charged shot and could preceed to do another middle charged bowshot without cooldown, but if they tried doing two fast charged bowshots in the matter of a second it would stop this. This would prevent close ranged bowspam but would still allow for well timed, strategic shots.

2. Just a 1 second cooldown in general. I don't think players need to be shooting 2 arrows in 1 second anways. If possible, the first option would be more ideal, but I don't know how this would be done or if it would be a hassle.

If you choose to implement it would just be amazing. I think a lot of melee players would agree that it would make things much less obnoxious and a more of a clean, fun experience.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TENNK001
Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:48 am

Thats a serious bug you found there. Thanks for the thread. About the bow part though, I think they're overused mainly because the only types of kits available right now are Melee and Ranged. I feel before making such a move like that, we should wait to see how it play's out once Potions and Special kits are released, because those can possibility hold direct counters to the ranged kits currently being abused.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GerbilCrab475
Builder

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:40 am

We have multiple ideas on how to discourage bow spam. Most kit changes will come into play once we push out the potion kits.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GreenToast555
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:02 pm

Arrow regeneration was reduced even further last update, from 27% a minute to 20%, making killstreaks with arrow kits harder by bow-spamming. This will make it harder for arrow kits to get exp due to not being able to get killstreaks as easily. =)
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://shroomcraftpvp.the-talk.net
GerbilCrab475
Builder

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:51 pm

Also, from now one put all map critiques in this topic: http://shroomcraftpvp.the-talk.net/t644-map-changelog-feedback-and-suggestions

I am currently in the process of adding more exits/entrances to the underground sections to make them more accessible rather than making them traps. Map version 1.2 will be the version to fix this issue.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
PurpleTurkey
Squire

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:06 pm

"First off I think that the underground spawns are a problem. You spawn in a dungeon area and to new players you have no where to go. This can get confusing, and as Shroomcraft is a 'fast-paced' PvP server I don't think this fits very well. The answer however is not to remove the underground spawns. The underground spawns is a good way to give the player a little nudge to go exploring, I can respect that and it is a very nice way to have them find new things. A change so you spawn right next to the exit (whether it be ladders, stairs, etc.) of the underground tunnels would make it so players can choose to explore if they wish, but if they are in a hurry to get some exp they can leave and go into the main battle area."

I too agree with this /\

The map is ok, and it probably took a while to build, but its not the best for pvping on. To me (and probably others) this is how the spawn works.

10% of the time: You spawn on the floor level near other pvp'ers. #1
30% of the time: You spawn on the rainbow roads, and loos 1/2 your health going down. #2
20% of the time: You spawn underground and have to spend like 5 minutes going to the surface. #3
40% of the time you spawn on the floor level, but isolated #4
Back to top Go down
View user profile
GerbilCrab475
Builder

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   Wed Aug 24, 2016 9:12 pm

There are hay bales on the ground level that make it so that you only take 20% fall damage if you land on them. Try jumping on those when jumping off the sky roads. There are also slime blocks in some places as well and those make you take no fall damage. You can also take the teleporter instead.

I'm currently making more exits to the underground sections for map version 1.2. Should I make exit signs as well? Take in mind that the underground sections exits to make the map bigger without making it wider. Various kits are better in certain sections than others. Bow kits may be great on the sky roads but melee kits are far better underground where there is more cover.

Our current spawn system tries to avoid placing players near frays to prevent spawn kills. That is why you are spawning far from players. When there are more players this should be less of an issue.

Please post map critiques here: http://shroomcraftpvp.the-talk.net/t644-map-changelog-feedback-and-suggestions
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1   

Back to top Go down

Shroomcraft BETA Suggestions #1
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1